If this is all you read on my website, here are 7 things I want you to remember about me (Hugh Fraser) at OTB Farm Solutions:
1. I am from a dairy farm, but I have been on more farms, and every single type of farm in every single county and region, than anyone else in Ontario
2. I know the importance of confidentiality and I understand government since I spent my career with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
3. I speak farmer-language and understand the difficulty of farming for a living, especially in the urban shadow where farmers are vastly outnumbered by non-farmers
4. I give great presentations at farm and rural meetings because I show lots of pictures, use lots of analogies, tell things honestly and use lots of humour
5. I’ve been subpoenaed 12 times as expert witness on farm nuisances/other issues and have 100's of hours of training in class/on-farm, mediating with angry people
6. I’m good at explaining technical things to non-technical people, and I always underpromise, but overachieve to give you more than you thought you were getting
7. I am writing a book I plan to share with you soon, entitled, 'Swing Beams Barns of Niagara: Stories about barns built prior to 1867 by first and second generation United Empire Loyalists'